**More information coming regarding the 2020-2021 school year**
Information below reflects arrival and dismissal information from the 2019-2020 school year.
Arrival time is from 7:00-7:25
This is the recommended form of transportation.
Drop off time is from 7:00-7:30
Please keep the bus lane completely clear and yield to all busses.
Children who ride the bus are:
- Never tardy
- Have plenty of time to eat breakfast
- Can participate in leadership opportunities such as safety patrol and be on the morning Ranger Report
- Have time to use the restroom and get organized for the day
We encourage all families to utilize this free service!
Car Rider Loop
Drop off time is from 7:00-7:25
Over 100 students are dropped off each morning. To make this go as quickly and smoothly as possible, here are some guidelines for the Car Rider Loop.
- If you make the choice to drive your child to school, you will assume the responsibility of waiting in the line. Please DO NOT pass other vehicles, park, or let your child out at any other place than the designated location. Please be aware that adverse weather conditions will increase both the number of cars and the wait time in the line.
- All children must independently get out their car safety seats, seat belts, and the vehicle. Please do not get out of your car. If your child needs assistance from you, please park in the front parking lot and walk you child into school.
- All children must exit on the curb side of the building where the sidewalk is. Have your child scoot over to the driver side of your car when exiting. Please do not allow them to exit on the back parking lot side for their safety.
- Have your children ready to get out of the car when it is your turn. This includes having their book bag ready to put on.
- Children MAY only be released from vehicles at the drop off point which is monitored by school staff. Allowing students to exit vehicles in the drop off loop at any other area is highly dangerous and will be addressed by administration.
- All children are tardy after 7:30 am.
Please help us keep your children and all children in the loop safe.
Park & Walk
The parking lot in the front of the school is exclusively for parents who wish to park and walk their children into the school.
Forrest staff will park on the side and in the back of the building.
Buses use the same entrance and exit to unload and pick-up children each day in the bus loop. Therefore, parents must adhere to the following procedures for everyone’s safety.
Under NO circumstances should a child walk from the parking lot to the school building without a parent or guardian escort:
- Children may enter the building at 7:00 am and report to the their classrooms.
- At 7:00 am, buses will unload children and will then exit the parking lot. Parents must yield to the buses while walking children into the building. The best times to escort your children into the building are between 7:00 am and 7:25 am.
- A crosswalk has been added to the front parking lot for your convenience and safety. When walking children into the building please use the crosswalk.
- Under NO circumstances should a child walk from the parking lot to the school building without a parent or guardian escort.
- It is the Parent's responsibility to ensure their child makes it into the school building safely.
- Children are tardy after 7:30 am.
Dismissal is at 2:05pm
No children will be dismissed between 1:45-2:05.
Over 100 children are picked up each afternoon by their parents. The safety of our children during this process is important to all staff members. Therefore, procedures have been established that must be followed by all parents.
- All parents will receive a number that must be displayed in the front window of the car being used to pick up their children. Please ensure car numbers are displayed so staff can easily see them. Also, please make sure your child knows his/her car number. This will help the pickup process move more efficiently.
- Parents without numbers are asked to park in the front parking lot and report to the office to sign out their children. NO children will be dismissed to parents at the back cafeteria door.
- School personnel will be stationed in the parent loop for the safety of your children. They will direct children to get into cars once they have checked for proper numbers.
- Parent and visitor ID checks will only occur in the main office. Please do not ask school personnel supervising children in the parent loop or cafeteria to release children. They will direct you to the main office.
- For our children’s safety, please do not pass cars or get out of the traffic line. It is imperative that you follow the established pattern and directives of staff members.
We highly recommend that children ride their designated buses. Please check your child's bus stop on the Hampton City Schools Transportation website.
If you choose to pick up your children each day in the parent car rider loop, please follow the above procedures.