Family Resource Center
Welcome to the Forrest Family Resource Center page!
My name is Casey Charette and I am the Family Engagement Specialist at Forrest Elementary School. I graduated from Michigan State University with a Bachelor's of Arts in Family Community Services. I have worked for Hampton City Schools for 3 years as a Early Reading Interventionist Assistant and a Family Engagement Specialist at Tarrant Elementary School. My aim is to support the academic success of our Rangers, connect families to resources and engage community partners to support our students and school goals. I look forward to a great year of partnership with you this year! Check out the great things "growing" on in our Family Engagement program!
As Your Family Engagement Specialist I Can:
- assist you in getting information needed to support your child at home and ensure your child's academic success
- help facilitate communication between home and school
- familiarize you and your family with Forrest's policies, procedures, and practices
- strive to strengthen the link between home, school, and community for our Forrest families
- assist families with school and community resources
- organize and plan Family Fun Nights that support academic and social success
- coordinate and recruit parent and community volunteers
- operates the Family Resource Center
The Family Resource Center Offers:
- a warm and welcoming environment open to all Forrest Families
- Lending library full of books, learning games, and educational materials for families to check out
- computers with internet access for family members to use
- a space where parents can come together with other parents and/or teachers to learn how to assist their students' learning at home
- information about current school programs
- information about community services and agencies to assist families with education, health, financial, and social needs
- Lending Library: stocked with games, activities, CDs and books for parent check out. Stop by to see the new LeapPad Ultras now available for checkout!
- Family Engagement Team: become an active member of this team of parents, teachers and community partner representatives. We share ideas, brainstorm solutions and plan activities to support our students and their families.
- "Heroes of the Hallway" Volunteer program: Come to the FRC any Wednesday between 8-11am to receive your volunteer assignment. You can read to a class, be a Lunch Buddy or work on projects for a classroom. There are even work at home projects available!
- Community information and resources such as discount prescription cards, eye glasses and more.
The Family Resource Center (FRC) also offers parenting books, a Tech Zone with computers for parent use and a safe, comfortable place to talk with other parents or staff. Open Monday through Friday from 8:00am-1:00pm, and by appointment, the FRC is located in Room 100. You can also email or reach me by phone.
Forrest is...THE Place To Grow!