Forrest's Family Support Specialist
The B.A.S.E. Focus
The Family Support Specialist can link the family to ta variety of community resources and can assist in developing a plan to ensure student success and eliminate tardies and/or absences.
If your child is going to be absent from school, please:
- Call the school and inform the attendance clerk that your child will not be attending school that day and provide and explanation.
- Be sure to contact the school each morning your child will be absent.
- Upon your child's return to school, provide him/her with a note to excuse the absence that includes: date/s of absence, name of child and reason for absence. If possible, get a copy for yourself for verification that the note was submitted.
- Vacations are NOT excused absences.
- After 5 parent notifications of absence, additional absences may be considered unexcused without written documentation from a doctor, court, etc.